[program-java] Eclipse and J unit testing

  • From: "Stanzel, Susan - FSA, Kansas City, MO" <susan.stanzel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:55:54 +0000

Hi Listers,

My current assignment is the writing and testing of J unit tests. I have been
up and down the list of keystrokes. I know that alt+shift+x and then t will run
the test. Then I hit control F7 and go to J unit where it tells me it ran and
how long. Naturally, as in all parts of Eclipse the sighted folk see something
red on this line which tells of success or failure. Then when I hit enter the
cursor goes down to the bottom right hand corner of the screen where there are
two windows. I am in the left window and if I hit enter it will take me to my
actual code of the failing test. I am having problems getting into the right
hand corner and it is called "failure trace" and this is not the same thing as
debug. Of course, all the sighted person has to do is simply look at the bottom
right portion of the screen. My job success depends on me improving my
navigation of this tool. I wish there was some heat we could place on Freedom
Scientific to help us with this tool. Naturally, speed in navigation is very
important.

Susie Stanzel