[program-java] Eclipse: Stopping Execution

  • From: "Corbett, James" <James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:18:33 -0400

Ok:

If you are in an infinite loop or long running task that you would like to
stop....

I. Switch to the "Debug Perspective" which can be found under
\Windows\Perspectives\Debug.

II. Using your Jaws cursor locate the "Debug" tab and click it. You will be
placed on a Tree View with all the running apps if and when applicable. Note,
you may have to expand the node to locate your app.

III. Select the offending critter and Right Click it.

IV. A pop up menu appears, scroll it until you locate "Terminate" and hit the
enter key.

There you go folks. Where's my bottle of single malt?

Jim

James M. Corbett

Programmer / Analyst |
Canada Revenue Agency | Agence du revenue du Canada
875 Heron Rd.
Ottawa, On.
K1A0L5

James.Corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx