[program-java] Re: Eclipse Javadocs and Source

  • From: Willem Venter <dwillemv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:11:38 +0200

A quick google yielded the following:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi?view=roots
To get some of the source you'll need svn or cvs, but it appears everything is explained on the page.
On 2011/10/27 06:33 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
What I am lookking for is the javadocs and source code for Eclipse
itself, not the Java API. I want to see how Eclipse handles printing of
large documents, for one thing. This would not be in the JDK.

John

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:27:10AM +0200, Willem Venter wrote:
Hi.
Is there a specific reason why you want to access the javadoc of the
java API through eclipse and not a normal web browser?

The source of the java classes of the API as not on the eclipse site.
Eclipse is only an I D E. look inside the directory where your jdk is
installed for a file called src.zip. I'm sure you would be able to
import the classes you want to change, but I would not necisarily
recommend altering and shipping a modified java api. You might just
accidentily break some java funcionality. Rather make and or extend a
new class with the functionality you need.

On 2011/10/27 10:54 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
I am thinking of using some of the Eclipse classes in BrailleBlaster.
For this I will need to look at the Eclipse Javadocs. Can they be
accessed through Eclipse itself? If a class looks like it might be
ulseful I may want to tweak it for BrailleBlaster. This is permitted by
the Eclipse license. For this I will need access to the source. Again,
is the source code accessible through Eclipse itself? If not, where can
I find it. The Eclipse downloads page is very confusing for me.

Thanks,
John