[program-java] Re: Eclipse Javadocs and Source

  • From: Willem Venter <dwillemv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:27:10 +0200

Hi.
Is there a specific reason why you want to access the javadoc of the java API through eclipse and not a normal web browser?

The source of the java classes of the API as not on the eclipse site. Eclipse is only an I D E. look inside the directory where your jdk is installed for a file called src.zip. I'm sure you would be able to import the classes you want to change, but I would not necisarily recommend altering and shipping a modified java api. You might just accidentily break some java funcionality. Rather make and or extend a new class with the functionality you need.

On 2011/10/27 10:54 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
I am thinking of using some of the Eclipse classes in BrailleBlaster.
For this I will need to look at the Eclipse Javadocs. Can they be
accessed through Eclipse itself? If a class looks like it might be
ulseful I may want to tweak it for BrailleBlaster. This is permitted by
the Eclipse license. For this I will need access to the source. Again,
is the source code accessible through Eclipse itself? If not, where can
I find it. The Eclipse downloads page is very confusing for me.

Thanks,
John