[procps] Re: support for newtop output override

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 02:45:58 -0500

On May 25, 2011, at 2:36 AM, Jan Görig wrote:

> Actually I send the e-mail because this. :-)
> It isn't problem to filter spaces in sed. But it is strange to have lines
> where are (for example) 80 bytes with information and 430 bytes with spaces...

That only happens with one of those variable width columns as the last
displayed field.  Otherwise, there's just the single eol space.

I could address this specifically for Batch mode but it's been that way
forever.  What do you recommend?

Incidentally, yesterday I failed to mention the best way to avoid line wraps in
Batch mode.  By leaving off the width switch, the terminal dimensions are in
effect.

    ./top -b