[procps] Re: support for newtop output override

  • From: Jan Görig <jgorig@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:50:22 +0200

Hi,
thanks for the patch. I have done quick review and it looks ok.

I have one suggestion to batch mode. When I run 'top -b -w' it forces
512 characters line length. I think it should be only line length
maximum and not also the minimum. It completely breaks readability
in batch mode in console (which isn't important) and produces much
more characters to pipe (which could be annoying).

It will be great if all lines ends with '\n' without spaces.

    Jan