[procps] Re: merging

  • From: Sami Kerola <kerolasa@xxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:29:35 +0200

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Karel Zak <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You are right, sticking to plan is good idea. I will leave the psmisc
>> merge branch as-is till the 3.3.4 is released. Even if the branch is
>> not completely done there are few things which will ease incoming
>> merger somewhat.
>
> BTW, Lennart and Kay reminded the old idea "merge it into util-linux"
> to safe time and effort with infrastructure and project maintenance
> :-)
>
>  http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-May/167028.html
>
> (Please, don't take it personally, it's just idea, nothing other:-)

I am in favour of merge.

It would be great to see procps-ng + psmisc + util-linux all in same
source tree. But that is not my call. Craig, please consider letting
Karel becoming maintainer for them all. I am sure you have enough to
do without being upstream for these utilities. And I am absolutely
sure your contributions will be credited in decent and permanent
manner, assuming merge to util-linux would happen.

--
   Sami Kerola
   http://www.iki.fi/kerolasa/