[procps] Re: important newlib patches

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Procps-ng Mail list <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:41:06 -0600

On 2/26/22 3:13 AM, Jim Warner wrote:

Here are 8 patches for our newlib branch.
... Thanks in advance for the push.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the prompt push.

Here are three additional patches to put a little polish on those library and top enhancements.

I wasn't quite ready to give up on showing an elapsed time in addition to that counterintuitive STARTED.

By dropping the seconds portion top can avoid negating the PUFF macro optimizations. So, we now have a new ELAPSED field.

And as side benefit, this ELAPSED field is easily compared to the system up time, assuming top's load/uptime toggle is on.

Thanks in advance for the push.

Regards,

Jim

p.s. not sure how you feel about the new %CUU field -- but I like it a lot.