[pradjs] the hum & the sound from the speaker

  • From: Mike Jedlicka <mikejedlicka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pra dj's" <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:20:37 -0800

I figured out where the hum and that terrible speaker sound is coming from.

It's always when you're running your laptop or plugged in device, right?

We need to rework our open sockets, cause we're overloading our curcuits.
 That's where the humming is coming from.  If you unplug your laptop or
iPod, the sound will go away.

One powerstrip made the Stanton dj mixer make a bad noise, and the other
powerstrip made the left speaker make a really bad blown out sound.

I'll have Gus look at it for us.  I'm hoping that'll happen later this week.

But for now, don't plug in your laptop or whatnot while using the stanton
mixer ...

Mike