[pradjs] Replacement mixing board information (PLEASE READ)!!

  • From: Mike Jedlicka <mikejedlicka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pra dj's" <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:16:50 -0800

Hey DJs,

Phew, I just spent 6 hours taking down the old board, untangling cords,
setting up the replacement board (thanks again to DDDJJJ666) and the old
board has been dropped off to be fixed!  Very happy over here!!!!!

Here's some information on the replacement On-Air Board:

- All of the channels have been marked and are in the original places.  I
found a good volume for every channel is between 7 and 8 (it is greyed out
on the counsel, you'll understand when you see it).  Remember not to red
the signal, it gets really distorted!!!

- Channel 8 now has a headphone out (1/8" cord) for you to directly plug a
laptop/mp3 player into so you can bypass the dj mixer completely.  I've
asked the person fixing the board to install one so this will now be
permanent and much simpler.

- The studio monitors is now a dial directly under the visual levels.  I've
put blue tape on the mixer and there is an arrow pointing to the correct
knob/dial saying "monitors".  I found a good level is at 3:00 or fully up
at 5:00.  They are not as loud as the last board, but it will be just fine!

- Please don't touch any of the knobs/dials/buttons other than the monitor
knob and the volume faders for each of the 8 channels.  There are a lot of
them, and the wrong buttons could completely screw up everything.  Please
please don't mess with it, I'm not sure if I'll be able to solve problems
over the phone, and I don't want to have to drive out to PRA often to fix
issues.

- I made a note on the left side of the board saying 4 rows of buttons
should be pushed in to the down placement.  Please leave them there!

- Don't take off any of the blue tape I've used please!!

- One thing about listening w/ headphones on the black headphones box.  It
will monitor EVERYTHING that is going on even if the channel is not up
(i.e. if you are playing CDs and the iTunes CPU is still playing, you'll
hear the CPU in the headphones as well).

Other than that, everything should be the same.

Please call/txt me know if you have any questions!!!

Mike
Operations