[pradjs] Re: Podcasts

  • From: Mike Jedlicka <mikejedlicka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jeffrey ross <toomanyofme@xxxxxxxxxxx>, pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:42:10 -0700

I thought I'd write everyone to let you know what's up w/ podcasting at PRA
Basically we need a new podcasting CPU and the $$ to get it running the
boxpopuli software to podcast your shows using that USB key.  Right now the
podcasting CPU we have is not working at all, maybe 1 out of 10 times it'll
actually do it.

We have been hurting financially in the last few months.  Just barely
scraping by due to djs not paying dues and weird bills we've had (Qwest has
been royally hating on us, but that's finished now ... I think).

To finish the PRA $$ situation regarding Podcasting, I think it's important
to have the new box running, but I think it's more important to fix the CD
players and to do some maintenance on the main board so it doesn't crap out
on us.  After that, we'll fix the podcasting CPU.

So for now, no podcasting using the CPU there at the station. BUT ...

You can still podcast your show, I've been doing it for the last 3 months in
one of two ways:

1) record your show at home, upload it to the boxpopuli website

2) bring in a recorder of some kind and record out of one of the four on air
inputs that you plug the headphones into.  You can use a 1/4" to 1/8" plug
into your laptop or recording device.  It's really easy, then just upload an
mp3 to the boxpopuli site.

Super easy after you do it a couple of times!!  Let me know if you have any
questions.  Thanks!!!

Mike