[pradjs] Re: Playlists

  • From: jeffrey ross <toomanyofme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Graham Barry <lepue22@xxxxxxxxx>, pra dj's <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 23:48:13 +0000

Yes the computer is exceedingly slow while trying to type the play lists.
Started to get worse about a month ago. I was trying to remember if anything
had been changed about that computer. The only thing I can recall being stated
was when Devan mentioned at the last meeting he had reconnected the exterior
hard drive that holds a lot of the music files for the itunes on that computer.
Is it possible that is slowing it down?

If so, another thing to add to the list of things PRA needs is RAM for the
computer.

Jeff

Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:18:49 -0700
From: lepue22@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pradjs] Playlists
To: pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is anyone else having issues with the auto-complete function when entering
their playlists at the station?  It's nice when you don't have to finish typing
a long album title, but it makes it sooooooooo slow when you're trying to type!
 It takes so long to compile the list of matches that it takes like
f.....i.....v.....e..... seconds for each character you type to show up - so
long for me that i just give up trying to do a playlist after about 10 track
listings (because i'm actually up to playing my 25th song or so by then).

Plus, half the time, the stuff that comes up from the auto-complete lists are
misspelled.

Anyway, if other people are having this problem, is it easy enough to disable
that?

Thanks!

-Graham

Windows 7: It helps you do more. Explore Windows 7.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen3:102009