[pradjs] Re: Playlists

  • From: Esperanza Flanagan <esperflan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

Graham,

The computer at the station can occasionally (read: almost always) have trouble
with any form fill-in that has another function attached to it (the
auto-complete on the playlists not being anywhere nearly as bad as the
character count attached to the entry form on Twitter).

The only way I've found to get around it is to open TextEdit (which is now in
the dock at the bottom of the screen), type things into it, and copy and paste
them into the form.  This is sometimes pretty excruciating but, as you know,
not nearly so much so as trying to type it into the playlist directly.  Lately,
though, I've just stop trying and jot my playlists down on paper or E-Mail them
to myself, and fill them in using another computer later on.

The auto-complete only grabs information from previous PRA entries (or at least
I think it does, anyways), and not from some separate database (unlike how,
say, iTunes takes them from goofballs around the world rather than from
somewhere authoritative, etc....but I digress).  So then, if misspellings do
crop up, they're only ones from other playlists.

Hope something of this helps.

Cheers,
Marc-David