[pradjs] PRA benefit show @ the East End TONIGHT (pass it on, please)

  • From: Elias Foley <elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:35:16 -0700

What:  PORTLAND RADIO AUTHORITY benefit show
Where:  The East End, 203 SE Grand, in South East Portland
When:  May 22, 9:00pm
Who:  Milton Freewater, Early Bird, Wool Cap Ensemble, MC Ate21
Why: To raise important funds for the operating costs of our own Portland Radio Authority
Cost:  Pay what you can
Come join us for great new music breaking into the scene, and help support the Portland Radio Authority.

The PRA is a non-commercial, listener supported, online radio station. As a free form community media source, we are committed to bringing independent artistry and marginalized viewpoints into regional and international view. We aim to become a trusted source of current and historical music education, while serving as a reflection of the Portland Arts Community.

Come join The East End, the PRA, and If/Then Media for this kick ass fundraising event featuring four exciting new solo music projects from Portland. The night features DJ set by Wool Cap Ensemble, a luthier turned hip hop dissector and selector, followed by the lush wall of ambient guitar rock that is Milton Freewater, and the skillful experimental electronic pop crafting of Early Bird. Wool Cap Ensemble will cap the night off with original micro sample laden hip hop paired with the talented toasting of MC Ate2One (from the Phorks and the Salmon River Project). Check out the links below for samples of music from these exciting artists.

LINKS
http://www.praradio.org/
http://www.myspace.com/eastendpdx
http://www.myspace.com/miltonfreewater