[pradjs] PRA all dj meeting Sunday May 30th @ 5:00

  • From: Mike Jedlicka <mikejedlicka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pra dj's" <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:15:40 -0700

5:00 Sunday the 30th at the Green Dragon.  We usually meet outside at
the big tables if it's not raining.

It's about that time again.  The dj board has been active with great
things, and it's looking like we may have some great announcements at
the meeting too.  Here's a basic agenda ...

1) PRA benefits
 We need raffle items, anyone got anything to donate???  We also need
help with the merch/raffle table and the door.  Graham/Morgan will
have more info.

2) 1st round of 10 podcasters
Beta testing is being finished.  After the meeting I will take 10 djs
interested in podcasting to the station to get you all set up.  There
are 3 steps that are vitally important if you want to podcast ...

- your podcast is only 45 min or less of your show (the deal we have
w/ boxpopuli)
- you NEED to check www.riaaradar.com to see if your material is given
the green light by the RIAA.  Podcasting does have rules that
streaming does not.  This is very important and we can't have any
problems with this.  Email me if you want on the list, and then I'll
need a list of your 1st podcast to check and make sure it's RIAA
friendly.  I'll talk much more about this at the meeting.  I've gotten
about 5-7 people already interested.  Please re-email me if you have
already to remind me you want to be a podcaster
- you'll need a USB thumbdrive with you at the meeting

3) Updates to the station
We'll have some exciting things to announce due to djs really keeping
on top of their dues as well as people paying past dues.  We also have
a list of things PRA needs and we want to see what you all think is
most important and what you'd like to be added/updated to the station.

More items will be added but these are the basics.  See you there!!!

Mike