[pradjs] Re: Old PRA Podcast (36 hours to d/l)

  • From: Ronnie Barrows <staticblackmagic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Drew Groove <nosflow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:25:57 -0700

Hey Drew,

No updates worth mentioning to the non-tech savvy - as it'll sound like a
foreign language. Debugging widget modules in the Wordpress template I've
installed on my staging server to accomodate the various requirements that
already exist on the current site (streaming player, post formatting, etc).
I'm working on it when I'm able to, but keep in mind I work 8-6 Mon-Fri -
so it isn't going to be a quick process. After initial development, I'll
start wrapping the design elements into it and then I have to start
uploading mock content to see how things are being handled/formatted -
which will require debugging and editing of things that will inevitably
break.

Long story short - sit tight. Oh, and there was some requests for a
Tumblr-based CMS - but Tumblr wouldn't be able to support all the
necessities required, so Wordpress is the platform best-suited.

In the interim, if anyone is a photographer - I think it'd be great to get
individual DJ headshots to put a face to the names of all the shows.
Something simple but effective and consistent. See NTS Radio's treatment
for a loose idea - http://ntslive.co.uk/shows-a-z/

Thanks,
Mehran