[pradjs] Anybody got a wheelchair?

  • From: Roy Smallwood <5methoxy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:27:04 -0400

Please forgive me in advance for this massive, unsolicited email.  I can't
reallly call it spam, though - because the subject matter is too important.
I simply sent this email to everybody in my contacts list.  If you don't
live in Portland, or think I'm kind of an ass, just ignore it.

I had a horrible bike accident on Saturday night. I rode (really fast) into
a sidewalk construction ditch, flew over the handlebars, did a somersault,
and landed with my feet against a tiny concrete wall. Both of my heels are
broken, as well as a few other foot bones.  I had something called
"compartment syndrome", which led to some wacky surgery that left my feet
with like a billion stitches in them (it looks really cool).  I need to keep
weight (any at all) off of my feet for 3 months, which of course means I'll
be in a wheelchair. This means my house is a total no-go.  Basically, I need
not only a wheelchair-accessible short-term place to live, but a wheelchair
that functions reasonably well. And no, I do not have any health insurance

If *any *of you know or have *anything* that might help me, please email me
back.

And if it's really important and needs to be addressed rapidly, you can
reach me in my swanky new room Emanuel Hospital at (503)413-1327, room #4502

I expect to be out tomorrow or the next day.   Thanks for considering this.

Roy