[pradjs] 1/9/11 PRA meeting notes

  • From: Mike Jedlicka <mikejedlicka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pra dj's" <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:39:52 -0800

 Introductions, people in attendance: Mike, Saffron, Jeff R, Miles, Daniel,
Crystal, Larry, Robert, Katie, Cam, Kristen, Matt K., Tim, Doug, Zack

New streaming computer, new internet (qwest), new phone number 503-233-1318.
Some minor buffering issues on new streaming CPU, we just ordered 2 gigs of
RAM for it and it should arrive this week.

Log me in/technical troubleshooting:  If you are having any issues at the
studio, please call/txt Saffron or Mike.  It really isn’t any problem!  We
can remotely access both the streaming and internet CPU.

Redding the mixer/airboard source volume:  Remember Signal to Noise
Ratio!  Turn
up your mp3 player/laptop to the max when using them, then make sure the
turntable mixer and then the on air board are not going red.

Cleaning supplies/garbage/recycling has been overflowing.  Please help us by
taking them out if they are getting full, especially if you are adding to
the waste!

Cross promotion of shows (some ideas to find similar shows: use the pra
website, dry Erase board/3x5 cards/print outs of schedule)

Photos for dj page website and posting show info on ping.fm (login/pswd on
studio wall).  Email Saffron a photo you’d like on your personal show page!

Suggest friends on Facebook/twitter for group and person.  We have 1000
friends and 500 group members lets double that by this time next year!

Friend- http://www.facebook.com/praradio

Group- http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=105366090152

Twitter- http://twitter.com/thePRA

Future updates needed at PRA: OR nonprofit status, new styluses (record
needle tips), new internet CPU (we’re hoping for a mini mac)

Volunteerism:

Logo/Flyer design

Stickers: Cam volunteered!!

Crystal (benefit show set up)

Communications officer- To compose, edit and monitor emails and
correspondence to ensure that the organization is represented accurately.
This includes composing constant contact newsletter, press releases to
various media types, and social networking and some light web maintenance.
(Jeff Ross volunteered)

PDX Pop Now!/outreach coordinator - arrange opportunities for PRA to get
involved with the community.  (broadcasting school shows? letting kids get
hands on experience with sound equipment?) meeting in 2 weeks, email us if
you are interested in attending and we’ll send more info

Mixing console for PRA/additional mics?  for In-studios (small behringer
mixer) (Doug said he’ll check and see if he has one)

Thank you to everyone who showed up/participated!!!