[pr0k] Re: Also...

  • From: Andy Burrows <Andy.Burrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pr0k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pr0k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:14:15 +0100

> ignorance

I've actually been thinking about "ignorance" a lot lately.  Originally
because there are a few things I used to wish I was ignorant about =
because
they're affecting me as a person one way or the other. =20

But then, that took me onto the global ignorance which really is so =
apparent
all over the world.  I mean, it was almost made too obvious that CNN =
was a
rolling propaganda machine when the attack on the Twin Towers and the
subsequent assault on Afghanistan were made, but people completely shut =
this
out.

I think it is quite possible to make a link between ignorance and
patriotism, and then, through my own experience, link to removal of
ignorance to fear and craving of a material world.

Because it is pretty scary pulling the visor away and seeing everything =
for
how it actually is, rather than how you want it to be...  With me, it =
ranges
from not wanting to check my balance in a cash machine to other, huge =
things
which will affect me forever.  Seeing it as how it is just takes your =
legs
away.

I've been thinking like this for months and months, now, growing =
steadily
dissatisfied with everything given to me excuses wise about how =
everything
is right now.

Everything's broken, from our healthcare (there is a drug that cures =
9/10
women with breast cancer but if you're on the NHS you can't have it as =
it
costs =A315,000 per year per patient.  Wow, that's so handy, you're =
born here
so you die here) to our transport systems to our abusive right-wing
government with their fascist foreign policies.

People who defend this and say it is all okay really frustrate me =
beyond
words.