[powerdot] Re: movie in presentation does not work with TeXLive 2011

  • From: Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan <yogeshwarsing.calleecharan@xxxxxx>
  • To: "powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:14:06 +0100

Dear Patrice,
                       Thanks. The problem is that:

With TL2008 I get good PS and good PDF
With TL2011 I get BAD PS and BAD PDF

Following Alexander's answer:
With TL2011 I get BAD PS and good PDF (with -dNOSAFER option in ps2pdf).

The strange thing from above is that a good PDF is produced from a BAD PS file with Alexander's solution. I would have expected that the PDF file also goes bananas.

I have now disabled in GSVIEW 4.9 Options > safer and GSVIEW still have problems to read the PS file on the page with the movie. I do the conversion to PDF on the command line.

Best Regards,
Yogeshwarsing

On 2/22/2012 6:01 PM, Patrice MÉGRET wrote:
Dear Yogeshwarsing,

As I mentioned in my previous mail (I did not see the answer of Alexander), I
have also error with Ghostwiew and GS9.05.
But from the mail of Alexander, I found a solution : disabling the 'Safer' case
in the 'Options' menu of Ghostscript and now your example compiles perfectly
with GS9.05.  I suspect that this case has priority on -dNOSAFER key inside
'Advanced Configure ...' from the menu 'Options'

Best regards,

Patrice