[powerdot] Re: Wrong position of \rput

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:00:53 +0000

There are two other possible ways of approaching this.

Probably the easiest and safest is to make use of powerdot's facilities for
adding footers.
For example \begin{slide}[lf={Hello}]{my slide title}
will set the left footer of the current slide to 'Hello'.
This will not be set exactly at the very corner, but you can do some
adjustments from there. Plus, it won't affect the positioning of other slide
content.
(You can also do this globally for all slides with \pdsetup{lf={Hello}})

Another option, which allows for more precision, but requires a deeper
knowledge of the workings of powerdot, is to make the modifications in a
powerdot style. You'd start by duplicating a powerdot style file, renaming it
and then make the adjustments. In that context, you would be dealing with a
real pspicture environment comprising the whole slide, so there you'd really
have (0,0) at the bottom left.
You could add a new type of slide which would include, say
\rput[bl](0,0){Hello} in its definition.
This is not hard if you know pstricks and have some understanding of how the
powerdot-something.sty files are designed, but it is not trivial if you don't.
If you feel that is something you might need, I may be able to help.

Luis Sequeira