[powerdot] Re: Wrong position of \rput

  • From: Thomas Schneider <schneidt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 05:25:03 -0500

Luis:

> 1) the value of 8.6cm that you found is almost certainly dependant
> on the powerdot style.

I'm not sure why you think that, but I did indeed chose 8.6 to fit my zen
style.

http://alum.mit.edu/www/toms/ftp/powerdot-zen.sty

(It's a simplification of `powerdot-default.sty', by Hendri Adriaens
and Christopher Ellison that removes the icon and puts blue strips on
top and bottom.)

HOWEVER there is nothing to prevent one from using negative coordinates.

ALSO one can nest \rput's so everything can be moved relatively.

> 2) this will work if you only want to place something like a
> picture, but not if (and that is how I understood the original
> question) you want something to be put at the bottom left, but
> otherwise use the slide for other content.

No, this works for any object.  In particular I like to make a parbox
that I move around with rput.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  schneidt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://schneider.ncifcrf.gov/ (current link)