[powerdot] Re: Directory for includegraphics

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:32:19 +0100

On May 17, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Moti Ben-Ari wrote:

Hi

I created a directory for all my images so that I can use them for different presentations:

\includegraphics[...]{../images/xxx.eps}

The latex command works OK and I can see the images with yap,
but dvips can't find the file :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks

Moti

I tend not to mention paths in \includegraphics. Rather, I declare them in the preamble with something like

\graphicspath{{../images/}}  %note the two pairs of brackets

and use

\includegraphics[...]{xxx}

This allows for cleaner code and I never had problems with dvips.
If dvips still can't find the file, try giving the full path to \graphicspath, e.g.

\graphicspath{{/Users/myname/mytexproject/images/}}

HTH

Luis Sequeira