[pov] Ultimate Video Camera

  • From: "John D. Cornelison" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:27:27 -0700

Ready for class III in the series on video cameras and production?!

Well I'm not qualified to teach anything about this topic, but I can suggest
the following article as an excellent and seemingly balanced guide to folks
interested in making a bit more sense of the many video acronyms and
technologies:

www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1396567

I found it a very helpful explanation of all the technological terminology
floating about. It is generally oriented at the professional with a big
budget, so most of this is too expensive for many folks outside Hollywood -
but the article is already a year old, and video technology will become more
economical - and simpler - in the coming years.

- John