[pov] Re: Chicago photographer

  • From: CHRISTOPHER gaynor <cbgaynor2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 21:43:07 -0800 (PST)

Thank you. Yes this is my buddy and comrade Sgt Mel German. There were 4 of us
Sgt E-5's who made up a posse and we looked out for each other.  Here's the
other two attached. Rich Jackson giving us all a big hug was killed in action
almost exactly 43 years ago and Curt Sams with the 1000 mile stare behind the
shades. Not very good quality scans, but I loved these guys. C.

From: Georgia <gjgalus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pov] Chicago photographer
To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 6:50 PM

Just thought I'd share this-A great piece worth watching:

Vivian Maier’s street photography was recently “discovered” just a few days
after she died at the age of 83. The Chicago nanny took over 100,000
photographs and many say she may rank among the top street photographers of the
20th century.

http://fstoppers.com/street-photographer-discovered-a-few-days-after-her-death/

and more at:

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/