[play.webdev] Fix for Atomz Publish rich-text editor issue

  • From: "Chris McGrath (PLAY)" <cmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'play.webdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <play.webdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:26:20 -0800

Hey everyone,

Some users have problems with the Atomz rich-text editor. Atomz has a
documented solution to the problem; I've included it below. It does require
a few steps on the part of the end-user, so be aware of this when you
specify "rich" in your <publish-text> tags.

--------
Depending upon the Microsoft Office installation options added to your
computer, when you try the Rich Text Editor the first time, you may get an
error message that says "Please insert the Microsoft Office CD to
complete installation".  This is due to a bug in the Microsoft Office
Installer.

The Office Installer sets the option for HTML Source Editing to "Install
on first use", instead of the preferred settings of "Not Available" or
"Run From My Computer". The problem can be corrected in two ways. One is
insert your Microsoft Office CD and let it proceed as requested. The
other method is to follow the steps below:

>         1. Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
>         2. Click Add/Remove Programs
>         3. Select Microsoft Office from the list
>         4. Click "Change"
>         5. In the window that appears now, click "Add or Remove
Features"
>         6. Expand the Office Tools Directory
>         7. Click the down arrow next to HTML Source Editing.
>         8. Select "Not Available"
>         9. Click "Update now"

Chris McGrath
Internet Systems Analyst