[platypus-dev] Question about TERM environment variable

  • From: "Abraham Schneider" <aschneider@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:41:22 +0100

Hi there!

Just discovered your nice app Platypus. Nice work, thanks for it!

I tried it with one bash shell script that i recently wrote to automate some things in our workflow. Works fine. But there is one small flaw:

if I run my app I always get the following message in the text window:

TERM environment variable not set.

If I define a TERM variable in the 'edit environment' dialog with one of the parameters I know (xterm, xterm-color, ansi, vt100, ...) I always get strange text in the text window. The start of my script output for example then looks like this:

Counting files ...

but should only be: Counting files ...

Any ideas, how to get rid of this "missing variable" message and get my normal output like I get in a normal terminal window?

BTW: I'm using 'bash' as the interpreter for this script, if this is important.

Thanks for your help,

Abraham

--
Abraham Schneider
Senior VFX Compositor

ARRI Film & TV Services GmbH
Sitz: München  -  Registergericht: Amtsgericht München  -
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 69396
Geschäftsführer: Franz Kraus