[pisa] Re: direct ssh to passion

  • From: Tobias Heer <heer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jó Ágila Bitsch Link <jo.bitsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:05:47 +0200

Am 25.07.2011 um 16:36 schrieb Jó Ágila Bitsch Link:

> * Port forwarding in ssh is a great tool to get access to /internal
> only/ applications (mail server/access to ieee digital library/...) if
> you cannot use VPN for some reason (e.g. silly internet provider
> settings in Belgium).

ssh as socks proxy has been my weapon of choice to circumvent Belgian provider
goodness. Works for many things on os-x. But not for everything :-/
If you want to go this way, the ssh option -D is your friend.

Tobias

--
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems - comsys

at:
//www.freelists.org/list/pisa-src