[pisa-src] Re: r1088 - in trunk: libpisa pairing pisabeacon pisacd pisand pisasd test tools

  • From: Thomas Jansen <mithi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa-src@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:07:05 +0200

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:51:52PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 12:46:41PM +0200, Thomas Jansen wrote:
> > To build PISA with profiling support, we need an easy way to pass -pg in
> > CFLAGS. "CFLAGS=-pg ./configure" builds with profiling support. For more
> > detailed instructions please read the documentation in the wiki:
> > https://plain.ds-group.info/projects/pisa/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/DocProfiling
>
> How is this related to your commit?  Seems more like a mailing list
> topic.

If Makefile.am in a subdirectory uses "CFLAGS = -Wall -g", the CFLAGS variable
in front of ./configure is overwritten and profiling support is not enabled.

The commit enables more than just profiling support to be used as an optional
CFLAGS variable, but for me it's the main purpose of the commit. The headline
gives the general idea and the second paragraph describes the specific impact
for my scenario.

It's probably a good idea to post this to the mailing list explicitly, I'll do
that when I've finished writing the page.

--
Thomas Jansen, "Mithi" --- mithi@xxxxxxxxx
GPG 9D5C682B, feel free to sign or encrypt your mail