[pisa-src] Re: PISA code prefix

  • From: Thomas Jansen <mithi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa-src@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:11:10 +0200

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 11:29:15AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> ps_ is not a good prefix, it's far too generic.  IMO we should switch to
> pisa_ as prefix.

> Big commits are OK if they contain just one independent change.  But in
> any case, if we use the more sensible pisa_ prefix, the commit will be
> smaller.

Ok, then I'll update the coding guidelines accordingly once it start working
on that.

> The next question is: Why do we have a prefix on static functions?

Consistency, I guess. I agree, it's not needed technically, as statics
don't show up in the global namespace. Still it's a reminder for us, that we
wrote that function and that it's not from some obscure lib. In particular
functions in other files (e.g. static inlines like pisa_ipv4_copy() from
global.h) are not trivial to find.

--
Thomas Jansen, "Mithi" --- mithi@xxxxxxxxx
GPG 9D5C682B, feel free to sign or encrypt your mail