[phxastronomypublicevents] Upcoming PAS Events - Free & Open to the Public for April 2014

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terri Finch <events@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:33:42 -0700

*Upcoming Public PAS Events 2014*

More events: http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php

 Here is a list of the upcoming PAS Events for 2014. These PAS Events are
*FREE* & open to the public. Please be sure to RSVP where requested. Bring
the whole family to these events! RSVP for these events by email
*Events@xxxxxxxxx* <Events@xxxxxxxxx>. If event is at Mike's home in
Carefree, RSVP is with Mike at Primefactory@xxxxx. If event has potluck,
please sign up in PerfectPotluck.com site. See calendar listing for
password. Links go to our calendar listing for these events & provide
additional info about each event. It is advised that you read the
additional info so you know what to expect at these events.

 Looking for a scope for sale? Ads for scopes are found at the end of this
email. You might find the dream scope you have been looking for in your
price range. Good Luck! Another location to watch for scopes for sale is
the PAS Forums at this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

 The* April 2014* PAStimes Newsletter is ready for download. Please help
yourself to a copy. http://www.pasaz.org/index.php?pageid=newsletter.

 *April 2014 PAS Public Events*

 *Apr 3*: PAS Meeting. Everyone Welcome, bring a snack to share. More
details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1111&day=2014-4-3&c=1from
7pm to 10pm at PVCC in Room LS-109. We have 2 guest speakers this at
the meeting. Come enjoy a fun night of Astronomy.

 *Apr 10*: Free Telescope Workshop at PVCC Main Campus, 32nd Street and
Union Hills Rd in Phoenix from 7pm to 10pm. RSVP is required with Terri.
When you email your RSVP, please include the make and model of your
telescope so I can be sure there is a telescope teacher available to help
you with the model of your scope. More details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1119&day=2014-4-10&c=1

 *Apr 13: *FREE Telescope Workshop, indoors at Bookmans at 19th Ave and
Northern. RSVP is required with Terri. Please email the make and model of
your scope so we can be sure to have a telescope teacher available to
assist you. Event is from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Everyone welcome. More details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1135&day=2014-4-13&c=1

 *Apr 15*: Total Lunar Eclipse. Here are some details of that event. There
is no PAS event for this.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1219&day=2014-4-15&c=1

 *May 7*: PAS Meeting. Everyone Welcome, bring a snack to share. Please
note, different room, different date, this is a Wednesday. Please see
website for More details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1243&day=2014-5-7&c=1from
7pm to 10pm.

 PAS is working to set up a Public Star Party at Black Mountain Campus for
April. A separate email will go out about that event, once set up.

 This month has more events on the calendar than listed in this email. Why?
Because several public locations have asked for our assistance and the
event is not a PAS event, PAS has been asked to attend. You might also want
to attend, so please check the online calendar for more fun events:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php Example: Apr 25.

 How to stay in touch with PAS:

 The PAS online Calendar is a great source for all upcoming events, public
& private. Above is listed the Public events. To attend Private events, you
must be a PAS Member. You can join PAS from this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

 You can keep in touch with PAS through Facebook at this link:
https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety

 Plus, if you wanted to discuss anything about astronomy, we have several
members on the list to help you out. Questions are welcome. The list serve
emails go to everyone on the list. You can reply or just monitor what is
being shared. Here's how you get on this list.....

   *phoenixastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx* <phoenixastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To sign up:
*phoenixastro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*<phoenixastro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: subscribe
   (requests will be automatically verified and added)

   -

   The list you are on - Users can subscribe to the public notice list by
   sending email to
*phxastronomypublicevents-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*<phxastronomypublicevents-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
with
   'subscribe' in the Subject field
   -

   To Unsubscribe from the list, put 'unsubscribe' in the subject field and
   send to the same address as above for subscribing. Or go to this link to
   unsubscribe:
*//www.freelists.org/list/phxastronomypublicevents*<//www.freelists.org/list/phxastronomypublicevents>

Here's a List format in a PDF of upcoming events, all of them, public &
private to the end of the year & sometimes beyond. This is updated as
needed, so check the date to see if the list is current.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=49

 Terri, Vice President & Event Coordinator for PAS

 ASTRONOMY EQUIPMENT FOR SALE:

(Please note, these items are not being sold by PAS. They are by
individuals who have nothing to do with PAS, who donated a small amount to
get their ad posted in several places of the PAS website, newsletter and
this information Upcoming Events list. Purchase at your own risk.)

 *For Sale: CLASSIC CELESTRON(R) C8 SCT*

This 8" catadioptric telescope is 'lightly used' and in very good to
like-new condition. Its comes with its own hard case, equatorial wedge and
locked triangle steel tripod. I am the original owner, having purchased it
directly from Celestron, and it has many extras; e.g. dew cap, light
pollution filter(so it is useable within city limits), several eyepieces, a
2x barlow, all original paperwork and manuals and too much more to list.

I am selling the scope because I no longer use it like I used to.
Everything is in fine working order, just as new. This 8 inch scope is
available for pickup-only in Peoria, AZ: call Michael: phone number is
623.399.9989, email address: *zapps1946@xxxxxxxxx <zapps1946@xxxxxxxxx>*.

I can accept cash, Money Orders and Certified Checks only. The asking price
is $499, and I will consider all offers. Please, contact me if you are
interested and we can arrange a time for you to inspect the scope.

 *For Sale: Meade LX200 8" SCT* with original instruction book, diagonal
prism & 7 super plossl eyepieces, super wide angle: 40mm, 32mm, 26mm, 12mm,
4,mm, 6.4mm & 15mm with the best tripod available, super heavy and scope is
in original boxes.. Asking $1300 OBO Contact Roger at
*Schollra@xxxxxxx*<Schollra@xxxxxxx>or 480
991 0133 <480%20991%200133>. ***

Visit the P.A.S.
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety>Page &