[phxastronomypublicevents] Upcoming March 2014 FREE Astronomy Events with PAS

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terri Finch <events@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:53:31 -0700

*Upcoming Public PAS Events 2014*

More events: http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php

 Here is a list of the upcoming PAS Events for 2014. These PAS Events are
*FREE* & open to the public. Please be sure to RSVP where requested. Bring
the whole family to these events! RSVP for these events by email
*Events@xxxxxxxxx* <Events@xxxxxxxxx>. If event is at Mike's home in
Carefree, RSVP is with Mike at Primefactory@xxxxx. If event has potluck,
please sign up in PerfectPotluck.com site. See calendar listing for
password. Links go to our calendar listing for these events & provide
additional info about each event. It is advised that you read the
additional info so you know what to expect at these events.

 Looking for a scope for sale? Ads for scopes are found at the end of this
email. You might find the dream scope you have been looking for in your
price range. Good Luck! Another location to watch for scopes for sale is
the PAS Forums at this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

 The* March 2014* PAStimes Newsletter is ready for download. Please help
yourself to a copy. http://www.pasaz.org/index.php?pageid=newsletter. Look
for the March newsletter around this Sunday Feb 2. It isn't ready just yet.
Sorry. But I wanted to get this list out to everyone to update tomorrow's
star party info.

 *March 2014 PAS Public Events*

 *Feb 27*: Free Star Party at Black Mountain Campus of PVCC, which is
60thStreet and Carefree Hwy. We are there from 7pm to 10pm. Weather
permitting
and RSVP is requested in case the weather cancels the event
*Events@xxxxxxxxx* <Events@xxxxxxxxx>. Everyone welcome!
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1122&day=2014-2-27&c=1Please
watch the weather. And RSVP so I can send you the cancel notice,
should the storm that is above us, cancel this event tomorrow evening.

 *Mar 6*: PAS Meeting. Everyone Welcome, bring a snack to share. More
details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1112&day=2014-3-6&c=1from
7pm to 10pm at PVCC in Room LS-109. The topic of the evening is the
"Messier Marathon and the Man behind it."

 *Mar 8*: Sidewalk Astronomy Event at Bookmans 19th Ave and Northern, Free
& Open to the public, free Star Party. We will be highlighting the Moon and
Jupiter, and other objects. Lots of scopes will be in attendance, info
about our club, Star Charts for you to view the sky from home, and more.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1236&day=2014-3-8&c=1

 *Mar 16: *FREE Telescope Workshop, indoors at Bookmans at 19th Ave and
Northern. RSVP is required with Terri. Please email the make and model of
your scope so we can be sure to have a telescope teacher available to
assist you. Event is from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Everyone welcome. More details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1134&day=2014-3-16&c=1

 *Mar 20*: Free Star Party at Black Mountain Campus of PVCC, which is
60thStreet and Carefree Hwy. We are there from 7pm to 10pm. Weather
permitting
and RSVP is requested in case the weather cancels the event Events@xxxxxxxxx.
Everyone welcome!
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1123&day=2014-3-20&c=1

 *Apr 3*: PAS Meeting. Everyone Welcome, bring a snack to share. More
details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1112&day=2014-3-6&c=1from
7pm to 10pm at PVCC in Room LS-109.

How to stay in touch with PAS:

 The PAS online Calendar is a great source for all upcoming events, public
& private. Above is listed the Public events. To attend Private events, you
must be a PAS Member. You can join PAS from this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

 You can keep in touch with PAS through Facebook at this link:
https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety

Plus, if you wanted to discuss anything about astronomy, we have several
members on the list to help you out. Questions are welcome. The list serve
emails go to everyone on the list. You can reply or just monitor what is
being shared. Here's how you get on this list.....

   *phoenixastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx* <phoenixastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To sign up:
*phoenixastro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*<phoenixastro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: subscribe
   (requests will be automatically verified and added)

   -

   The list you are on - Users can subscribe to the public notice list by
   sending email to
*phxastronomypublicevents-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*<phxastronomypublicevents-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
with
   'subscribe' in the Subject field
   -

   To Unsubscribe from the list, put 'unsubscribe' in the subject field and
   send to the same address as above for subscribing. Or go to this link to
   unsubscribe:
*//www.freelists.org/list/phxastronomypublicevents*<//www.freelists.org/list/phxastronomypublicevents>

Here's a List format in a PDF of upcoming events, all of them, public &
private to the end of the year & sometimes beyond. This is updated as
needed, so check the date to see if the list is current.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=49

Terri, Vice President & Event Coordinator for PAS

ASTRONOMY EQUIPMENT FOR SALE:

(Please note, these items are not being sold by PAS. They are by
individuals who have nothing to do with PAS, who donated a small amount to
get their ad posted in several places of the PAS website, newsletter and
this information Upcoming Events list. Purchase at your own risk.)

 For Sale: Meade LX200 8" SCT with original instruction book, diagonal
prism & 7 super plossl eyepieces, super wide angle: 40mm, 32mm, 26mm, 12mm,
4,mm, 6.4mm & 15mm with the best tripod available, super heavy and scope is
in original boxes.. Asking $1300 OBO Contact Roger at
*Schollra@xxxxxxx*<Schollra@xxxxxxx>or 480
991 0133 <480%20991%200133>.

Visit the P.A.S.
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety>Page &