[phxastronomypublicevents] Upcoming January 2014 PAS Public Events

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "starstuff@xxxxxxxxx" <events@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:40:54 -0800 (PST)

Upcoming
Public PAS Events 2014
More
events: http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php

Here
is a list of the upcoming PAS Events for 2013. These PAS Events are FREE& open
to the public. Please be sure to RSVP where requested.
Bring the whole family to these events! RSVP for these events by
email Events@xxxxxxxxx.
If event is at Mike's home in Carefree, RSVP is with Mike at Primefactory@xxxxx.
If event has potluck, please sign up in PerfectPotluck.com site. See
calendar listing for password. Links go to our calendar listing for
these events & provide additional info about each event. It is
advised that you read the additional info so you know what to expect
at these events.

Looking
for a scope for sale? Ads for scopes are found at the end of this
email. You might find the dream scope you have been looking for in
your price range. Good Luck! Another location to watch for scopes for
sale is the PAS Forums at this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5 And once in a while, I send
out a scope for sale to this list. Not
interested? Just delete it.

TheJanuary 2014PAStimes Newsletter is ready for download. Please help yourself
to a
copy. http://www.pasaz.org/index.php?pageid=newsletter

January
2014 PAS Public Events

Jan
2:
PAS Meeting. Everyone Welcome, bring a snack to share. More details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=931&day=2014-1-2&c=17pm
to 10pm at PVCC in Room LS-201. We are having Members' Night &
have 2 great guest speakers lined up, thus far. There's room for one
more guest speaker with a short presentation of 30-40 minutes.

Jan
19: FREE Telescope Workshop, indoors at Bookmans at 19th Ave and Northern. RSVP
is required with Terri. Please email the make
and model of your scope so we can be sure to have a telescope teacher
available to assist you. Event is from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Everyone
welcome. More details:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1132&day=2014-1-19&c=1

Jan
23:
Free Telescope Workshop with Star Party. Weather permitting. RSVP is
required for both parts of this event with Terri, Events@xxxxxxxxx.
If you are attending the Telescope Workshop, please provide make and
model of your scope so that we can be sure to have a telescope
teacher available to assist you with your scope. Event is in G-147
from 7pm to 10pm at PVCC Main Campus. More details are here:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1117&day=2014-1-23&c=1

Jan
30:
Free Star Party at Black Mountain Campus of PVCC, which is 60thStreet and
Carefree Hwy. We are there from 7pm to 10pm. Weather
permitting and RSVP is requested in case the weather cancels the
event Events@xxxxxxxxx.
Everyone welcome!
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1121&day=2014-1-30&c=1

Feb
6:
PAS Meeting. Everyone Welcome, bring a snack to share. Event is from
7pm to 10pm at PVCC in Room: TBA. More details about this event are
at this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=931&day=2014-2-6&c=1

How
to stay in touch with PAS:

The
PAS online Calendar is a great source for all upcoming events, public
& private. Above is listed the Public events. To attend Private
events, you must be a PAS Member. You can join PAS from this link:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2

You can keep in touch
with PAS through Facebook at this link:
https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety

Plus, if you wanted to
discuss anything about astronomy, we have several members on the list
to help you out. Questions are welcome. The list serve emails go to
everyone on the list. You can reply or just monitor what is being
shared. Here's how you get on this list.....
phoenixastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        sign up: phoenixastro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: subscribe
(requests will be automatically verified and added)

        * The list you are on - Users can subscribe to the public notice list
by sending email to phxastronomypublicevents-request@freelists.orgwith
'subscribe' in the Subject field
        * To Unsubscribe from the list, put 'unsubscribe' in the subject field
and send to the same address as above for subscribing. Or go to this link to
unsubscribe: //www.freelists.org/list/phxastronomypublicevents
Here's a List format
in a PDF of upcoming events, all of them, public & private to the
end of the year & sometimes beyond. This is currently being
updated over the next few days, so check the date to see if the list
is current. http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=49

Terri, Vice President & Event Coordinator for PAS

As of Jan 1, 2014, I will have a new email account. Please change your records
to reach me at StarStuff@xxxxxxxxx.

Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor