[phxastronomypublicevents] 2 upcoming June Astronomy Events you may wish to attend

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Terri Finch <events@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

Good afternoon PAS Members & Guests,

This weekend we have 2 awesome events that are FREE and open to the public, for
which you may wish to attend.

Mike will be doing the first of his Lecture Series "Killer Asteroids" this
Saturday, June 22. There will be 4 lectures this summer. One of them has a Star
Party in place of Movie Night. That's on July 13.

Potluck is 5:30. Please sign up in PerfectPotluck.com with the main dish you
will bring to the potluck, and a drink to share. Drinks can be a 6 pack of
something non alcoholic, or a 2 liter bottle of something. To sign up, go to
PerfectPotluck.com, Coordinator name is Finch, passwords is 20130622.

Here's the link to more info about this event:
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1098&day=2013-6-22&c=1

Lecture will begin at 7pm. You may choose to skip the potluck and attend only
the Lecture. Be sure to arrive by 6:30 for best parking. Please park on the
circle driveway and once that is filled with vehicles, use the lower Wash area
for parking. PAS Members are asked to park in the telescope viewing area, if
you plan to stay later than the Lecture.

See the drawing of Mike's home (attached), and where to park. We are NOT doing
a star party, so you may park in the viewing area this time.

Green is where we prefer the public parks.
Blue is where the vehicles with telescopes usually
park, but this time, it is open to anyone.
Purple is the telescope set up area. Anyone parking
in this area will most likely be blocked in until others leave, so if you are
staying later than the lecture, park here to make enough room for everyone, PAS
Members only for this parking area.

After the potluck at 5:30, the Lecture at 7pm, then we have Movie Night. Bring
a space related movie to share. It can be a documentary, or some other type of
show, doesn't have to be a movie, but let's keep it space themed. We will vote
on what to watch, when the time comes to do the movie.

Please note, sometimes Mike's lectures have been known to last to 6 hours long.
Stay as long as you like, leave when you need to. I don't know the length of
this lecture, so it is a mystery length, but it will be well worth your time to
attend and learn.

If you haven't been to Mike's previously, you might ask Mike for a tour of his
historical home, as well as to see his meteorite collection. Mike is PAS's
Meteorite Man, meaning, when we do events, everyone else does telescopes, Mike
does his meteorites. He is well known for his collection and very educated on
all the meteorites. He'd love to share them with you.

---

Sunday June 23
3:30pm to 5:30pm
Bookmans FREE Telescope Workshop

At the moment we have 2 Public RSVP's. There may be more, but i haven't gotten
through all my email from the last week. I"m behind, like usual. However,
if you are interested in learning about telescopes, looking to buy one, looking
to learn how to use one, or just want to check out what PAS does, this is a
great event to do that. Don, William and I will be there setting up at 3pm.
Anyone wishing to help set up should arrive by 3pm. Public with scopes or
questions can arrive 3:30 after we have the set up taken care of, so that we
don't' have to use your time to set up. Would love to see you there. RSVP is
required with me at Events@xxxxxxxxx. When you RSVP, leave your first name and
the make and model of your scope in the email. I need to make sure i have a
telescope teacher available who knows how to use your particular scope. Scopes
are very different, and if you arrive unannounced, and we don't' have someone
who has experienced your type of scope, you can still learn, but the help you
seek will be limited. So, please take a moment to RSVP your attendance and
scope, preferably by Friday so I can find
 that telescope teacher for your scope. Thanks.

Here's the link to the event with more details.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=839&day=2013-6-23&c=1

---

We hope to see you at our events. Those are the last two events we have lined
up for June 2013.

Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS

PS: We are in the monsoon season.
Mike's Leture is Rain or shine.
However, if it is dropping rain, or super windy,
Bookmans event will be canceled. So always
be sure to RSVP your attendance.

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook Page
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor