[phpa] when will compiler functionality be added?

  • From: John Buckner <johnbuckner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,

I did alot of research on free PHP caching programs
and found PHPA the only one to give Zend some real
competition.  The fact that PHPA is the creation of
just one person makes that a very impressive
accomplishment, go Nick!

Unfortunately I must use the slower APC for now
because of my need for protecting the PHP on my
server.  APC allows me to cache the scripts and then
delete the original PHP files, in a sense running as a
compiler.  Of course someone can try to
reverse-compile the scripts, but at least its not
easy...

I read a listserv post by Nick detailing what internal
changes were needed to make PHPA run as a compiler,
but was wondering if this feature is planned for PHPA
and if so when roughly?

Thanks,
John