[phpa] Re: record dependencies

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:07:29 -0000 (GMT)

This is a known shortcoming, and for sites where major development was
still taking place I'd personally just disable it. If you use a tool like
sitecopy then it could be a problem for production too unless you make sure
that you touch all necessary files. But, as long as source files dependent
on a change are touched then you'll be fine.

It's on my wish list too and is likely to remain so for a while as it's not
entirely trivial. If I work out a way to do it then I'll integrate it.

I'm considering buying a TVR Tuscan and that has similar compromises. It
looks great, doesn't even have door handles to destroy the gorgeous side
view, and it performs fantasitcally. But doesn't have any of the refinments
or safety features that are common in, perhaps lesser, offerings such as
the porsche boxster - i.e. no airbags, no sips, no abs. But for
performance, it's awesome for the money.

nick