[phpa] record dependencies

  • From: Monte Ohrt <monte@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:17:50 -0600

wish list item!

We're having a problem with phpa (inconvenience really), it has to do
with class methods inheriting from its parent. If we update a class
structure from a separate physical file, the derived class does not
necessarily see the change. We didn't seem to have this problem with
Zend Cache, so they must keep track of the dependencies and flush the
cache all the way down the hierarchy. This affects everything we develop
since our application libraries rely heavily on this inheritance
structure. Is there any way phpa could support this? Currently we have
to shut off phpa to get around it, which slows development time. If it
creates a performance impact, that wouldn't matter so much for
development and it isn't needed in production anyways, so maybe make it
a configurable option? It would be awesome if it were 100% transparent
though ;-)

Thanks
Monte