[phpa] Re: questions re: other platforms, source

  • From: Nick Lindridge <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:18:55 +0000

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 01:15:50PM -0500, Eliot Shepard wrote:

> Hi. A few basic questions on availability.
>
> Are there plans to open the product's source code?

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for the mail. There are no plans at the moment to release
the source.

> Are there plans to release binary versions for other POSIX platforms
> (eg. Solaris)?

Could do. I use it myself on Solaris built with Forte 6.0
Drop me an email with your platform details.  There's a
build ready for FreeBSD that I'm hoping to make available
soon for testing, although the first 'official' release
will probably be for version 1.2 and which is in the
works currently.

> Perhaps these could be addressed in an FAQ on the website.

Indeed :-)  I was thinking about this earlier today before
seeing your email, I've just never had time to put one
together. I'll see what I can do this week.

> Thanks,

No problem!

Cheers
Nick