[phpa] Re: [phpa]

  • From: Nick Lindridge <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 20:50:00 +0000

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 02:53:12PM -0000, Paul - Zenith Tech Inc wrote:

> The main one having it compiled as non-DSO is a speed benefit.

This is true as function calls across the DSO boundary are slower,
but I'd be suprised if you can measure any performance benefit.
Intralibrary calls could/should not incur a performance hit from
being a DSO.

> There are no other extensions, it's a vanilaa php.ini-dist from the install.

Hmm. Well sorry again that it doesn't start for you. When I'm able to
get the a pre-release of 1.2 out with a few extra messages in then
we'll get a better idea of whether it's even trying to start or not.

Nick