[phpa] Re: key for subdomains

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spiggy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:25:29 -0000 ()

> Hello,
>
> i just downloaded the accelerator and it is pretty amazing. A couple of
> questions:
>
> Should/ can I use compressing (ob_gzhandler) with php files at the same
> time with phpa? does it make any difference? any sense?

PHPA works on PHP input rather than output, so you can use ob_gzhandler just
as you would without PHPA. You might want to consider using mod_gzip as a
more general solution for output compression though.

> i downloaded an extra key for a sub.domain.com. should i have aliased
> it to domain.com (domain.com has a key)?

You just need keys for unique server name settings. So for the PHPA site,
for example, I have a single key for www.php-accelerator.co.uk, as that's
the server name. I have server aliases for phpa.co.uk, phpaccelerator.co.uk,
etc. but no key for those because they are just server name aliases, and
hitting the server under any alias name gives the same server name value
(i.e. www.php-accelerator.co.uk).

nick