[phpa] Re: file not found errors after installing phpa

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:54:05 -0000 (GMT)

> Did some digging in the errorlog. The last day is full of this stuff:
>
> [warn] shm - Unable to get shm header - Identifier removed
> [warn] shm cache disabled
> [warn] shm - Unable to get shm header - Identifier removed
> [warn] shm cache disabled
> [warn] shm - Unable to get shm header - Identifier removed
> [warn] shm cache disabled
> [notice] child pid 26430 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
> [notice] child pid 26428 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
> [notice] child pid 26427 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

This is almost certainly from running the flush cache script. Clearly it
shouldn't segfault, but the warnings come from the cache being removed while
apache was running. I shouldn't have called it flush; destroy would have
been more appropriate.  If you do use it then you must restart apache.

With release 1.2 it isn't really necessary because PHPA should destroy the
cache when apache is stopped or restarted anyway.

Nick