[phpa] Re: Version 1.3 released for Linux

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:19:35 -0000 ()

> Thanks Nick!  Looks like a wonderful release will all kinds of need
> new features and fixes.

Thanks. Hopefully I didn't make any cockups in the builds. I already have a
list of things that I'd like to put into the next release, and the main
thing that hasn't made it into 1.3.0 is the automatic obtaining of
registration keys, although the code is written but just not fully
integrated yet. But I think that this is a good step on from 1.2p4

Even though PHPA 1.2p4 was stable for most people, this release should be
better. With a cache redesign, phpa no longer tries to reinitialise the
cache by removing it and recreating it if it suspects a problem. Instead it
can just mark it to be reinitialised, and that should happen safely. In just
the last week or so I found a few obscure causes of segfaults that would
affect just certain code patterns, and that's been cleaned up. The 'address
needing to change' errors and problems that could result from that are also
gone, again because of the cache changes, and so hopefully there should be
less grief there.

Some FreeBSD builds are already underway, and so should hopefully be
available within the next 48 hours.

nick