[phpa] Thanks for the praise and about max processes. (Re: Re: GLIBC pb)

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:29:02 -0000 (GMT)

Hi Laurent,

> Thanks Nick,
>
> It's ok, I'm stuppid, there was 2 versions for php accelerator, and the
> linux-glibc2.1.3 works fine on my system...

It's an easy mistake to make

> I installed it on my very busy server, and it seems to be very cool, I
> have to read more thing about the configuration to optimise the
> install, but, actualy, it works very very fine...
>
> I use it with php 4.1, I actualy have more than 900 connected peaples
> on th= e
>site without too load average...

Great. One thing to be aware of. PHPA 1.2 keeps track of the apache
processes that are using it. This helps to support detecting of processes
that have died, and to release any semaphore locks that a dead process may
have had before the crash. There's a config option to set the maximum number
of processes that phpa will keep track of, which by default is 512. I
figured that most machines wouldn't have more than 512 apache processes, but
if you do then you should increase this number. Processes that can't get a
free slot in phpa's process table will not use the cache.

> php accelerator the best ???? YESSSSSSS

Thanks.