[phpa] Re: Still troubles with redeclared functions

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:17:55 -0000 ()

Hi Hannes,

This is another one of my pet hates, is fixed for release 1.3, and turned
out to be a one line addition - Functions inside functions. (Sorry for
bringing out my soapbox a few times today! :-)

Conditional functions are fine, but PHPA doesn't check for conditional
functions inside other function bodies. To be frank, I thought that the only
case where this could occur was in function bodies, and didn't consider
nested functions.

I don't like them because they don't give local scope as one might
reasonably expect, but like it or hate it, that's how it is and so PHPA
should support it.

As an alternative coding style, I'd suggest defining a base class interface
and instantiating a particular subclass it variable behaviour it what's
intended.

I'm hoping to complete release 1.3 around the end of april.

nick