[phpa] Re: NEW PHP standalone compiler (was Re: [PHP-DEV] Here we try again)

  • From: "Nick Lindridge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:25:56 -0000 (GMT)

> Unlike other languages, there is no officially supported and affordable
> way to sell applications in binary format, when for other languages
> that is a trivial thing. No wonder there are so many PHP users moving
> to the Java world.

This is off topic for this group, but I would like to say that whilst you
may be correct in your supposition that people are leaving PHP for JSP,
it's worth noting that unencrypted Java classes are 100% decompilable back
to source code, and I have a tool to do just that somewhere or other. So
you're not necessarily much better off by switching to Java from a code
protection point of view.