[phpa] Re: NEW PHP standalone compiler (was Re: [PHP-DEV] Here we

  • From: "Anthony Walker" <ant@xxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:46:46 +0200

Hi

Guys, please lets not criticise Nick! He does this in his spare time and I
think he is fully entitled to do what he wants with the direction he takes
with PHPA. Silly negative comments will not encourage further development. I
think it is a fantastic product and the ONLY solution for those of us
without the budgets to even consider the Zend products. In fact I think PHPA
is going to give Zend something to keep up with.... competition is always a
good thing. I am very grateful that Nick is willing to do this for free, and
while the fact that it is not open source is a concern for me in terms of
ongoing releases (if Nick decides to give up programming and travel the
world for 10 years), making it open source does not solve that problem. How
many thousands of dead open source projects are there on Sourceforge?

Thanks Nick, keep up the good work!

Regards
Anthony