[phpa] MaxClients Problem

  • From: "Alan Ho" <ho247@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:35:11 +0000

I installed PHP Accelerator yesterday and the performance is exceptional.
I've noticed a big decrease in load averages, since all my sites are based
onPHP/MySQL. But after running it for some hours and during the peak hours,
Apache decided not to take any more requests, the server just didn't want to
serve teh pages, but Apache was still running. I looked the the logs and it
said that MaxClients was reached, so what does that mean exactly?

I'm wondering, now that PHP Accelerator saves on processing power, it can
serve more pages per second, so what settings do I change on the server to
make it all optimal so I can actually serve more per second? My setup: Red
Hat Linux, Apache and Ensim CP. MaxClients is currently set to 250.

So it seems that due to the server being able to process more pages per
second, the server sort of crashed and did not process any requests.

Thanks,

Alan

--- Links ---
   1 'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_etl_EN.asp'