[phpa] Re: Important note about the current 1.2 dev release

  • From: Nick Lindridge <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:20:53 +0000

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 09:58:03AM +0100, Ronan PAUL wrote:
> Thank you for this quite interesting information, Nick: This "tweaks"
> parameter looks good !
>
> On my config, it brought me up to a 14143 % acceleration !

Actually this worries me a little :-)  Are you sure that it was
doing anything - that is, if you were testing with 'ab'
for example, was the document size what you expected.

Right now tweaks will not make much difference, but makes the code
smaller, rearranges it a bit, removes unnecessary code, and
that's mostly it. I started work on things that would get more
noticable execution gains, and the results were promising, but
I haven't had time to work on them for the last month or so.

Nick