[phpa] HTTPD fails to start/spawn children

  • From: Jason Rimmer <jrimmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 05:30:09 -0400

        I've been running PHPA successfully for a number of months and have
experienced no trouble.  Well, after a night of working on the server
Apache will "start" via apachectrl but no pidfile is created, no
children are spawned, and it's not listening for requests.  Commenting
out the zend_extension has Apache returning in it's normal behavior.
Now admittedly in the process of the work I was doing I may have changed
something but I'm at loss as to what that could be and moreso how to
return things to their previous functional state.
        I've gone through and cleaned the file cache as well as using the admin
tool to delete and reinitialize, all to no avail.
        I'm running php_accelerator-1.3.0_php-4.0.6_linux-glibc2.2.\
4 on RedHat Linux v7.2.

--
Jason Rimmer
jrimmer_at_irth.net