[phpa] Encoder?

  • From: "Chris James" <chris.james@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:00:09 -0000

Nick,

Happy new year!

Thanks for an excellent product - I am very impressed with it. Do you have
any intention to release an encoder at any point? I cannot find any encoders
that are in the same league as the Zend Encoder, but you have said it would
be quite trivial to create one.

I would imagine a lot of people would be prepared to pay for a cheap
alternative to Zend Encoder, and it would also encourage takeup of
php-accellerator. If you priced it at about 50USD for unlimited use you
would get a lot of custom, from people like hobbiests like me who do not
make much if any money from php but still want to retain control of how our
code is used (very much like your approach to php-accelerator).

What do people think? A good idea? Or should be still concentrate on even
faster performance? I personally thing encoding would be a better feature at
this stage, as performance is very good already :)

Chris.